Skip to content
The Coronavirus (COVID19) is now a pandemic, and the Southlakes Management Committee has a duty of care to members, which we take seriously.
Therefore, we have decided to cancel all classes and outings for the remainder of Term 1 commencing on Monday 16th March and continuing until advised.
All leaders, Course Clerks and non-email people have been phoned. However, please let others know, as it is better for people to be told multiple times.
This is uncharted territory for us all, and we will resume classes when it is deemed safe.
We recommend all U3A members follow Government guidelines for the best measures to help prevent the spread of the virus. Please,
- Cover your nose AND mouth when coughing or sneezing, dispose of the tissue and wash your hands.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or armpit if no cover is available.
- Wash hands regularly with soap and water (and dry them).
- Avoid touching your face, as the virus enters the body through the mucous membranes of mouth, nose and eyes.
- If you have symptoms of cold or flu (runny nose, cough and/or fever) please stay away from class and follow current guidelines on whether to seek medical help.
When to wash your hands.
The ABC advises you wash your hands,
- after you blow your nose, cough or sneeze
- after you have had close physical contact with anyone who is unwell
- after you use the toilet
- before and after you eat
- before, during and after you prepare food
- after you touch a pet
Government Health & Travel advice
Keep safe. Keep healthy
President Southlakes U3A
Mob. 0413 159 434